Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 37: May 13, 2012

Day 37                                                                                                 Written May 13, 2012 6:17PM


Dallas slept pretty good last night.  Travis and I took turns staying awake.  While I was sleeping, The nurse helped Travis and Dallas make me a picture.  When I woke up, I got to see a bumble bee with Dallas' foot being the body.  It was so awesome!  What a great surprise.  

The doctors have come in and so far, everything looks good.  He is scheduled to go into the OR at 7:00am.  They think it should only take about an hour and a half, to two hours; but, you never know.  We are praying that when he goes back in tomorrow, all the grafts will have took and we will be out of here soon. 

The doctors decided to move Dallas out of ICU and into High Acuity Care.  So we moved rooms.  When Travis told him what was going on, Dallas smiled and said, "YAY!  Now you can lay in bed with me because that bed is bigger".  It was adorable, the bed is the same one since being in the burn unit, but he doesn't realize that, I guess.  

Travis layed in bed with him this afternoon.  Dallas said "I'm getting super sad," when I asked why, he said "Because I really want daddy to lay beside me.  So Travis finally climbed up there with him.

Dallas has had some drinks and small amounts of food by mouth.  His feeds still aren't at goal, which is 75mL per hour.  They have lowered because h was getting too much fluids, causing him to swell.  So they are hoping that he will start taking more fluids and food by mouth.

Dallas did his Occupational and Physical therapy today.  He wasn't thrilled, but they didn't do much; waiting on the grafting to heal before doing anything strenous.  

He hasn't had a nap, and he's been pretty active, so he should sleep well tonight.  

Keep Dallas in your thoughts and Prayers, and think of him when he goes to surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to comment! Have a blessed day! :)
Denielle